The Least of These

Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:37-40

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Beginning of an Adventure

For several years now I have been drawn to the idea of a short term missions project.  It is one of those things that just kept coming back to mind.  Until now it has been just another one of my grand daydreams.  Then the Lord used a book, a blog  and the daring obedience of some friends and family to inspire me to action.  

Okay, truthfully the book is better described as - challenging.  If you've read Radical by David Platt you will understand what I mean.  I will post more about the blog and the obedient friends and family later. 

Anyway, we started checking into upcoming short-term mission projects at our church and Kenya came up.  I submitted our applications this past Thursday.  We have to raise the money for our deposit by September 19th but once we do that we will officially be on the team.

I am new to blogging.  Our lives, this project, our story is really very ... - ordinary.  But I'm hopping that sharing this process with you will help other ordinary people think outside of their "box" - and their continent, and their hemisphere, and ...Well you get the idea.

Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment