The Least of These

Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:37-40

Sunday, March 27, 2011

God's Blessings for Harvest Academy

I told you in an earlier post that I am praying for the three feeding stations that we visited in Kenya.  The list of needs for Harvest Academy is longer because it is not fully funded.  I had been praying that God would provide for its funding by December so that Mike Curry of Light Ministries could deliver the good news in person.  Additionally, I was asking God to provide for a well to be drilled sometime next year.   I thought I was being so bold in my prayer.  As it turns out I was not bold enough.  Earlier this month I received word that, beginning in April, Harvest Academy will be fully funded.  A church in Arkansas has decided to sponsor this feeding station.  This means that Harvest staff will be able to purchase adequate food for the children each month and the teachers will now be paid.  Other needs, such as books and supplies, will also be met as the budget allows.  To go from receiving $250 a month in funding to $1500 would have been an abundant blessing in itself but God didn’t stop there.  He has also prompted a couple to provide the money to drill a well on the property.  

I feel just like I did when God provided for Michael and I to go to Kenya.  I have seen God move in a powerful way and I want so badly to be able to express all that I am thinking and feeling but words just fail me. (Listen! Did you hear that?  It was the sound of those who know me best gasping in amazement.  I never lack for words.)  I stand in awe of God’s power and His perfect plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment