The Least of These

Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:37-40

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Less Than a Week!

Since we learned of God's miraculous provision, I have been working my way through a huge to-do list.   Here is a sample.
·         Get remaining shots – Yellow fever, Typhoid, Meningitis, and a Polio booster.
·         Sell kidney to pay for remaining shots. Just kidding!  Luckily we had planned ahead and put some extra funds on our medical flex spending account.  Shots are VERY expensive.  The grand total for Michael and I to get these four shots was $710. This was in addition to the $120 we spent last year for our Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Tetnus.
·         The longest most expensive trip I have ever taken to Walmart.  You can’t make a quick trip to Walgreen’s if you get a headache or have an upset stomach or allergy attack.  You must bring these items with you just in case.  After we get back I will post a list of the items we brought and which ones we found helpful.
·         Goodwill to purchase an inexpensive wardrobe of 4 long skirts and 4 t-shirts.  Hopefully we will have access to laundry service but I am prepared with some travel packets of Woolite just in case.
·         Target, Hobby Lobby, Office Depot, Dollar Tree
·         The church to gather donated teaching pictures.
·         Homes of homeschool friends to gather donated school supplies.
·         Goodwill again to get Michael some clothes. 
Okay you get the idea. It’s a long list so I will spare you the rest.  But if you are planning a mission trip, I highly recommend keeping one large list of all your to-do’s for the trip.  Then each day add a few of the items to your regular daily to-do list.  I still have a lot to do but it’s not an overwhelming amount because I have already gotten so much done. My sweet kids have tagged along with remarkably little complaining.  Please pray that they will have fun and not worry while we are gone.  (They will be spending a few days with each set of grandparents and their Aunt Mandy and Uncle William.)

No comments:

Post a Comment