The Least of These

Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?
The King will reply, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:37-40

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Only God Can…..

Only God can turn plastic shopping bags into a ministry tool.  At our last team meeting I learned that in the evenings during the Pastor’s Training Conference we will be teaching the pastor’s wives how to crochet plastic bags into sleeping mats.  They can then sell the mats or give them away as a way to care for the homeless in their communities.  We are bringing a crochet needle for each of them.  Susan brought a sample to show us and I was surprised at how much of a cushion the bags create when they are crochet together. 

I mentioned in a previous post how God is showing me that He can use all the mundane details of my life when I surrender to Him.  He can use my talents, my trials and even my time wasting hobbies.   On a whim, I learned to crochet this fall.  I really enjoyed it but felt guilty for indulging in such a time wasting hobby.  It’s amazing how God works all the details together.

No comments:

Post a Comment